In 2012, the Gatlinburg Convention and Visitors Bureau embraced a new social media content strategy developed and deployed by our team. Gatlinburg’s Facebook campaign needed to not only engage fans, but inspire and encourage an emotional connection to place that defines what makes Gatlinburg so special. Our campaign surpassed all goals and vaulted Gatlinburg CVB’s social media accounts to heights they had never approached before:
- More than doubled the size of the Facebook page (from 230k followers to 495k followers)
- Viral posts with tens of thousands of likes and shares
- Successful social contest that garnered over 3,000 submissions with fan photos that could be used to bolster Gatlinburg’s social photo bank
- 648% increase in social media referral traffic to Gatlinburg.com
- 310% increase in pageviews
The Gatlinburg CVB Facebook Page won the IFEA Gold Pinnacle Award for Best Social Media Site under $250k in 2013.*
*The Sevierville CVB, another client, won the same IFEA Gold Pinnacle Award for the next 2 years while we managed their social media.