6 Blogs Marketers Can’t Live Without
Ever read interminable lists of the best marketing blogs? Some are really good, but most are way too long. Today most people don’t have time to read dozens of marketing blogs. It’s hard to keep up with the best marketing blogs because let’s face it, it takes too long to read them all and then put in the experimentation time to discover if the prescriptions in these blogs really work. That’s why this short ‘best of ‘ list I will share here will be valuable to you. I know the recommendations made in these blogs really work and they are presented in such a way that novices and experienced marketers can both gain benefits. Let’s jump in!
1) Neil Patel (http://neilpatel.com/2016/05/03/how-to-create-content-that-outranks-your-competitors-content/): ‘How to Create Content That Outranks Your Competitor’s Content’ – these are the types of how-to posts you’ll find on Neil Patel’s site. This master marketer never fails to inspire and teach. If I were to pick one person to read most often, it would be him. The tutorials work because people can easily relate to them; when you read them you feel like they were written especially for you. Neil Patel offers a wealth of free and highly useful marketing information. This is definitely a site that is worth your time.
2) Duct Tape Marketing (http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/): Great small business marketing resource that offers some of the best how-tos, such as: ‘The Top 5 Social Analytics Tools For Small Business Marketers,’ ‘How To Build Your Business On Content,’ and ‘5 WordPress Plugins You Don’t Use That Boost User Engagement And Monetization.’
3) Kissmetrics (https://blog.kissmetrics.com/): One of the most authoritative blogs – this is a source you can trust when you need to learn the right way to do something. Analytics, marketing, testing – their resources are reliable, which is what you need when you’re in a jam and need a tutorial or you need reinforcement that what you’re doing makes sense.
4) Copyblogger (http://www.copyblogger.com/blog/): Maybe the best ‘how-to’ content marketing blog out there. One of the best pieces of advice they’ve given recently is that more content isn’t necessarily better and that you should fully develop an idea versus publishing lesser quality content. I couldn’t agree more. This blog offers real hands-on recommendations that you can put to work immediately. One of their recent posts, ‘One Skill that Will Take Your Writing from Good to Great‘ is so helpful that I recommend putting down everything and reading it now.
5) Seth Godin (http://sethgodin.typepad.com/): Master of the short but powerful statement, this is a must-read blog. You may not find that each post resonates with you, but stick with it, as invariably one will jump out at you, and you’ll wonder how he distills so much wisdom and wonder into such short and memorable nuggets. His tagline is ‘Go make something happen.’
6) Idea Mensch (https://ideamensch.com/): This isn’t a marketing blog, but it’s one of the best sources of ideas out there for entrepreneurs and marketers alike. Read how hundreds of entrepreneurs started their businesses, how they get ideas, and how they handle day to day challenges. Terrific resource.
There you have it; not the top 10, or top 8, but the top 6 best marketing blogs that can actually help you get things done. You cannot help but become a better marketer after you’ve read these blogs. One thing they all have in common is that they break seemingly insurmountable problems down into manageable steps. And for that we all should be grateful, as these experts offer us effective ways to save time and get more done.