We’re already through the first quarter of 2016 and if you are feeling a little behind in your marketing, now could be a perfect time to look for the best SEO company to help you push your campaigns forward. Talking to friends and colleagues about their experiences with digital agencies may not be a quick fix for your search as their needs may be very different from yours. Let’s take a look at 4 ways to find the best SEO company for your business in 2016.
1) Know thyself. Only when you really know what it is you’re trying to accomplish will you be able to find the best SEO company to help you get there. Everyone wants to generate more leads and sales. Your goal has to be more specific than that, and it has to have a date attached to it. It’s really easier than it sounds to do this; here are some examples:
- Sell 100 new subscriptions by April 1.
- Get 1,000 people to download the podcast by July 15.
- Receive 2500 new orders from this quarter’s email marketing campaigns.
Note the trend here: Each goal has a number. That number defines what it is you want to accomplish; 100 subscriptions, 1,000 downloads, 2500 new orders. Then each goal has a date affixed to it. This is the deadline by which you hold yourself accountable. When you go out and interview to hire the best SEO company for your marketing needs, show them your goal list. Have them speak to it according to their experience. Can they help you reach your goals? To be honest, there likely won’t be an SEO firm that will say no, unless they are incredibly honest. You might want to go with the incredibly honest company. The best SEO companies might tell you, no we can’t make such an ambitious goal by April 1, but we can create a strategy to get you half the sales by then and keep building momentum throughout the rest of the year. If the agency can give you solid reasons why their stance is a reasonable approach, then take their points into consideration.
2) The best SEO companies don’t put all your eggs in one basket. This is important. Hardly ever do all facets of a campaign come together at once. It’s key to have several parts of a campaign running concurrently, so while one may take a little longer to bear fruit, the others will help bring in some new business. Talk to your SEO company prospects about this. The best SEO company will emerge when they discuss how they’ll use email marketing, social media, blogging, link development and other means to generate momentum for your campaign.
3) The best SEO company listens to you. You are the expert about your business. Top SEO agencies do everything they can to incorporate their clients’ knowledge into campaigns. Clients know a lot about their industry, their competitors, and what the future may hold. It’s up to the agency to synthesize this information and use it to help form campaign strategy. The best SEO company will continually mine their clients for as much information as possible.
4) When you’re interviewing SEO agency prospects don’t be afraid to broker a deal that works for you. So what if an agency lists on their website that they offer three types of marketing packages. Tell them what you want and broker a package that reflects your needs. If they don’t work that way, then find someone who does. Many SEO firms are flexible, so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue. The best SEO company for you will likely recommend custom strategies before you even ask.
We hope our 4 tips were helpful. We’ve dedicated this blog to making it easier for you to find an agency that can best serve you. Organically is an award-winning agency that offers a variety of customization points for your campaign. There’s still time to reach your marketing goals in 2016. Talk to us today and let’s get your campaign started!