Which Social Network Dominates?
Facebook is still the number one social network with 2.072 billion users. Instagram is not far behind, with 800 million users.
Most Popular Social Networks by Number of Users:
- Facebook: 2.072 billion
- Instagram: 800 million
- LinkedIn: 500 million
- Twitter: 330 million
- Reddit: 234 million
- Pinterest: 200 million
- Snapchat 178 million
Social Stats for Businesses
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social platforms
- 81% of small and medium-sized business have social accounts
- There are 60 million active business pages on Facebook
- Facebook has over 5 million active advertisers
- Facebook is still considered the “most important” social platform by marketers
- Facebook pages with smaller followings have higher engagement rates
- 96% of U.S. fashion brands use Instagram, according to Hootsuite
- Half of LinkedIn users said they were more likely to buy from a company they had engaged with on social media, according to research from the social giants
- 48% of U.S. citizens who are on social media have used it to engage with a business or institution, according to Hootsuite
- 90% of marketers said their social media efforts generated more exposure for their business (source: Social Media Examiner)
- Spend at least 6 hours per week on social, and join the 61-66% of marketers who said their use of the platforms provided benefits in terms of lead generation and search engine rankings
- 19% of marketers spend more than 20 hours per week on social platforms (source: Social Media Examiner)
Best Times to Post
- Posting at 3 PM will get you the most likes, while posting at 1 PM will get you the most shares, according to CoSchedule
- The best days to post are Saturday and Sunday, but for work days, it’s better to post Thursday or Friday
- The best time to post is around noon on Wednesday or between 5-6 PM the same day
- The best time to post is between 8-9 AM
- The worst time to post is between 3-4 PM
- The best days to post are Monday through Thursday
- The best days to post on LinkedIn are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- The worst days to post are Mondays and Fridays
- The best time to post is between 5-6 PM
- The best time to post is between 8-11 PM
- The worst times to post are during work hours
- The best day to post is Saturday
Social Media Best Practices
- Use Photos (and Video)
- On Instagram, photos showing faces get 38% more Likes than photos not showing faces according to the Georgia Institute of Technology. (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- Facebook posts which include images get more engagement, 2.3X the engagement, according to buzzsumo.com.
- Share Your Blogs
- Sharing your blogs on social media can really drive traffic to your website. In fact, according to HubSpot, content consumption has increased on Facebook by 57% over the last 2 years.
- 94% of people share blog content on social media because they think it will be useful to other people, according to Hootsuite.
- Don’t ALWAYS Advertise
- 46% of people will unfollow your brand on social media if they see too many promotional messages- instead, focus on creating content your audience will find useful and interesting.
- Respond Quickly
- According to Hubspot, 60% of people expect brands to respond in one hour or less.
- Create Incredible, Share Worthy Content
- Certain brands really go the distance when it comes to generating content their social followers will share. For tips on content creation, see: 10 Tips for Writing Powerfully Authentic Social Media Content.
For even more social media data and tips and tricks, make sure you follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter! We’re always sharing what we’ve learned.
By Amara Young