According to Statista, the number of e-mail users worldwide is forecasted to rise to 2.9 billion users by 2019. 86% of businesses plan to take advantage of the growing number of email users, by increasing their email marketing efforts (according to findings from Email on Acid).
Currently, 82% of businesses utilize email to promote products and services, however, many forget that newsletters can be a powerful marketing tool as well. Unlike traditional marketing efforts, a newsletter gives your company a way to share a lot of targeted information at once and drive engagement with your audience.
5 Tips for Creating a Fantastic Newsletter
1.) Keep It Informational
- If you’ve ever been asked for your email address when you check out at your favorite major retailer, you probably receive quite a few promotional emails. Consumers are constantly being bombarded with advertising messages. One advantage of using a newsletter format is being able to share information related to your brand without directly asking for a sale.
2.) Share Website Content
- If you have a killer blog on your site, your newsletter is the perfect place to share it! By sharing your website content you drive more visits to your site and better your performance in the search engines.
3.) Don’t Write Lengthy Paragraphs
- It’s easier for your readers to skim content (which unfortunately most will do) when you break the information down to short paragraphs. If you want them to read on, include a “learn more” button that links back to a page on your website or a relevant article or landing page.
4.) Know Your Audience
- Make sure you know your current audience before sending a newsletter. Knowing information such as their age, gender, education level, interests, and more, can all help you write the most effective content possible.
5.) Don’t Forget Your Calls to Action
- While the purpose of your newsletter shouldn’t just be promoting products as mentioned above, you do want your readers to take certain actions, such as visiting your website, filling out a short form, sharing the content on social, etc. Make sure you provide clear call to action buttons in your email to ensure your newsletter is effective.
Email marketing is a powerful resource for businesses. To learn more about email marketing and how it can benefit your company, contact the experts at Organically! For more marketing tips and tricks, visit our main blog page at www.discoverorganically.com/blog.