What do you know about search engine optimization? If you are like millions of others, you are well aware that it includes keywords and content, but what else? What about things like organic keyword marketing, website structure, site speed, voice search, and more? If all of that sounds unfamiliar, we offer the following information to help you get started on more effective SEO and better outcomes for your business.
Search Engine Optimization Matters for All Sites
You may not feel that search engine optimization is important for your particular industry or business, but that is just not so. As we move into the future, a solid and potent web presence is going to be the key to your success, and that only comes if you have strong placement in the relevant SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). You get that through powerful SEO.
Many people feel that SEO focuses mostly on something as easily understood as organic keyword marketing or white hat SEO. This would involve:
- Researching your audience
- Developing a list of keywords that speak to that audience
- Integrating keywords into your content and relevant areas of your site (including metadata)
- Using keywords in targeted ads, campaigns, social media and more
- Analyzing and revising your tactics
However, for true search engine optimization to occur, you must also do the following:
- Ensure that you have nothing that slows down your website and its load times – page speed is vital in SEO.
- Your site has to be linked to other sites that are equally relevant where content is concerned – you cannot be viewed as authoritative if you stand apart from others in the industry.
- Your content should be written as if speaking to a person and not a web crawler or search engine – today’s organic keyword marketing uses speech more than typed text structures.
- You must network with other sites – in other words, inbound links from authoritative sites are incredibly valuable.
- Authentic search engine optimization has to involve analytics, and you should get analyzing from day one!
- You need to include clever and relevant keywords in the meta descriptions on every single page – one of the easiest to overlook techniques in organic keyword marketing is the use of keywords in those brief meta descriptions.
- Never overlook the URLs – Are your URLs easy to read and clearly identifying the page content? If not, they may not be helping your SEO.
- Don’t forget to tag images and describe them with your best keywords – Google appreciates and ranks you better for it.
- Are you ensuring you have adequate “social signals”? If not, give them some attention straight away.
- Keep to your posting schedule – Google rewards unique content that is also published on a regular and frequent basis
Help with Effective Organic Keyword Marketing
That list of points identifies a great many tasks that most of us just don’t have the time and/or the skill to manage. Fortunately, you can partner with experienced teams like that at Organically, offering premium and customized marketing services that can get you in the top SERPs this year.